Clarity is something men are on a constant search for, and one immense block to clarity are our unaddressed and repressed emotions.
When we ignore what we feel we are at the whim of an overstuffed subconscious that tends to push us around in huge ways.
We’re sometimes aware of it, but we rarely know how to manage it or change it.
We use the 5 basic emotions to practice with.
These are core feelings and when we can get in touch with the fact that we have them, when we have them, things begin to get more workable.
The feelings are Anger, Shame, Sadness, Fear, and Joy.
Right now, get your journal and do a quick emotional inventory.
Write 5 things for each emotion: 5 things you’re angry about, 5 things you’re ashamed of, etc. For example…
1. I’m afraid of not making enough money for rent this month.
2. I’m afraid of never finding a relationship that works.
3. I’m afraid of my boss seeing that I’m not competent.
1. I’m sad that my dad doesn’t call me, and when he does we barely connect.
2. I’m sad that I broke up with my love.
3. I’m sad that I didn’t get that raise.
Do this once a day for 5 days.
Stop feeling like you’re “just getting by” and instead develop deep meaningful connections.
Fundamentals is a new 6-week online program that allows you to do a deep dive into your own development as a man. You’ll learn how to discover more of who you really are and experience a happier, healthier, more fulfilling life.
There’s nothing else like it online.
Copyright © 2019 Evryman®️. All rights reserved.